Desensitization for dentists visits!!!
Systematic desensitization is a process to gradually and comfortably desensitize someone to a specific experience, stimulus, sound, place etc.
This great kid has a dentist appointment in a few weeks. This means it’s time to start getting him comfortable with things like:
– Rubber string to hold a bib
– Paper bib
– Laying flat
– Feeling and taste of gloves
– Feeling of metal tools touching teeth
– Learning to open wide
– Learning to bite down when asked
– Someone touching his mouth, teeth, lips and tongue
We are very grateful to be able to help him get ready for the dentist! Grateful to give him the skills to do well in real life situations.
#ABA #desensitization #systematicdesensitization #BCBA #RBT #realworldskills #autism #autismtherapy #dentistvisit #dentistprep #limitlesslearningaba